Course venue is to be confirmed.
31st July – 8th August 2017
Applications are now open and will close on Friday 26th May 2017 – Apply Online.
Places on the course are allocated in order to create the best balance and blend of chamber ensembles from the applications received.
Decisions on places will be communicated during June 2017
€500 including full board and all tuition fees. Fees are payable on acceptance to the course.
There is a €100 reduction for the second and subsequent students from the same family
Scholarships are available by application / nomination. Please see the Scholarships page.
There is a 10% discount available to those that participate in both ConCorda and the Xenia Chamber Music Course in Fenestrelle in the Alps of Northern Italy. Find out more about the Xenia Course.
Participants are selected on the following basis:
- A balance of instruments on the course, ideally a ratio of 2 violins to 1 viola to 1 cello.
- A balance of standard and experience in each of the quartets taking part in, or formed for the course.
- ConCorda has been traditionally a senior chamber music course. While requirements define ages normally 14-26, with special credit given to outstanding young talent, when selection is necessary the older and/or more advanced applicants will get priority acceptance.
- Selection between applicants who are of the same expertise, age and qualification will gain precedence if they come as part of a preformed group and/or have already played at ConCorda for a number of years.
- If there is an imbalance of instruments at selection time, those who show more versatility (e.g. violinists doubling viola) may receive ‘special’ credit for this.